Is there anything that will cure chronic back pain? What kind of chronic back pain treatment do you do?
I don’t know if there is a cure for chronic back pain. If there is I still haven’t found it!! I struggle with chronic back pain every day. It is now a part of my life and has been for almost 10 years and only got worse over time.
There are things I can do to help manage my pain that I can share. Still, that is no cure.
What is causing your back pain?
It is very important to first find out what is causing your chronic back pain. Have you visited your doctor to find out where your pain is coming from?
If you answered no to the previous question, you want to go to the doctor first and find out what is causing your pain before you start looking for chronic back pain treatments.
You don’ t want to risk hurting yourself more if you don’t know what is the root of your back pain.
Chronic Back Pain Treatment
Here are a couple of things that could help with your back pain. Again, it is important to seek professional advice from your physician before any of this because I am not a medical professional.
- Physical therapy– This is something that I have tried and had success with. The physical therapist will perform a test and see what type of exercises will help control your pain. I am not going to lie….. Physical therapy is hard and it hurt so bad in the beginning for me. After a couple of sessions it started getting easier for me and it actually helped control my pain. I found that my body was stronger with physical therapy and my pain was not as intense.
- Diet– Yes, you read right!! What we eat affects everything about our body. Some foods you may be eating can be causing inflammation making your back pain worse. Also, maintaining a healthy weight can affect the pain in your back. Maintaining a healthy weight can reduce the pressure on your spine.
- Chiropractor– This is my favorite and helps me personally the absolute most. I go to the chiropractor sometimes every week or 2 times a week. Once my pain is manageable again then I go for maintenance once a month. I personally prefer the chiropractor rather than taking pain medication or muscle relaxers that only numb the pain for a certain time.
- Massages– Another favorite of mine. If I find that it is mostly muscle pain causing my chronic pain, I will get a massage at my chiropractor office and this also helps me manage my pain.
- Injection based treatments– When you go to the doctor sometimes they may give you injections to block the pain. I have had this done many times when my pain is so severe and I can’t walk. This is only a temporary fix for the pain and is not intended for long time use for a chronic back pain treatment.
- Muscle relaxers and pain pills– Even though I have had to take both at times when the pain is so severe, I do not recommend this last treatment because it can be highly addictive and only a temporary fix for the pain.
These are some treatments I have found helpful for me at times. Also, one thing I do is use a rice sock for my pain.
Simple, just get a large sock ( I use a regular tube sock for the inside and a thermal sock for the outside) fill the regular sock with rice and tie it up. Put the white sock inside the thermal sock and tie a knot at the top. I heat this sock in the microwave about 2 min (it will depend on your microwave how long you need to heat it) pull it out and it is a great heating pad for not only your back, it also helps with headaches. You can also purchase one similar on Amazon below instead of making it yourself.
Also here is a gel I found helpful for me that I have used after chiropractor treatments and massages:
Other things that may help back pain